Free Music for your Websites by the icons8 team! Use it freely by simply providing an attribution link. Get free music here!
Music by Yung Ferry from Fugue
WordPress can play Music
You may not know this, but WordPress can natively handle audio and media files. You can embed an audio file and fire up an Audio Player using one of the following methods:
1) Native WordPress Audio Player
- 1.1) Upload an audio file through the Media Library: The accepted formats are .mp3, .m4a, .wav or .ogg. Having two or more format versions available for each audio file is always a good practice.
- 1.2) Open a Post or Page, click the Add Media button and either Select the already uploaded file from the Media Library or click the Upload Files and upload your media file and click Insert into Post.
- You are ready to rock!
Note: you can always switch to the Text mode of the Editor view and be able to configure the audio player through the available parameters, such as autoplay=1 to enable autoplay upon page loading. Check out all available options here.
2) Native WordPress Audio Playlist
- 2.1) Follow steps 1.1 and 1.2 from above, and instead of selecting a single file click on the Create Audio Playlist button on the left of the Media Panel.
- 2.2) Select as many audio files as you like and click on the Create a new playlist button and Insert audio playlist button on the next screen.
You have an awesome song playlist waiting to seduce your visitors!
3) Use a third-party service like SoundCloud
You can always embed audio files from third-party services like SoundCloud. Here’s how you can you embed a SoundCloud file:
- 3.1) Select a song and click on the Share button and then click the Embed button and grab the Code (iframe).
- 3.2) Now go to a Post or Page and paste the code, either directly in the Text mode of the Editor or if you are using a theme by PlethoraThemes you have access to the WPBakery Page Builder and the Raw HTML shortcode which enables you to paste the markup directly (see screenshot below).
So, what are you waiting for?
Go grab some cool music from a service like SoundCloud or Fugue and shake your web pages!
If you are building a website for a Band or a Solo Musician, be sure to checkout our MusicFlex WordPress theme.